Everything you need to know about car modifications and how this could impact your insurance.
There are many ways car modifications could impact your insurance. Have you thought about adding optional extras to a brand new car right through to wheel modifications or window stickers? And have you thought about letting your insurer / insurance broker know about it?
You don’t need to change your car significantly to increase its risk of accident, theft or vandalism. And an increase in risk comes with a change to your insurance.
We can’t stress enough how important it is to ensure you declare any modifications. If you don’t, you risk invalidating your claim. You might be nervous your modifications will increase your premium, but some might actually bring your premium down!
- What do I need to know about modified vehicles?
- In our modified vehicles whitepaper you’ll learn about:
- What classes as a modification
- The importance of tracking your fleet vehicles
- Why you need to take “reasonable care” to ensure you declare modifications correctly
- The different types of car modifications to look out for
- What to do if your vehicle is second hand
- How to insure your vehicle if your current insurer won’t accept the modification
- Examples of car modification claims
If you’re responsible for a fleet of vehicles, or just want to learn a little more about your personal car insurance, you really should give this whitepaper a read.