Dedicated to fighting your corner
No one wants to make a claim, but it’s inevitable that at some point you probably will. And it’s then that you really see the quality of your broker and cover.
When things go wrong, the last thing you need is hoops to jump through and red tape to cross. So we’ll do the hard work for you.
Because we’re dedicated to understanding every part of your cover and your business, we know how to get the best results for you. By knowing the detail of exactly where you’re protected, we can prove it to the insurer. This helps make sure that, wherever possible, your claim gets paid.
Some brokers will just act as a post box – taking your claim information and passing it on to the insurer to sort out. We’ll never do that.
Our team has the specialist knowledge to fight each and every claim. However big. However small. We know how insurers work, and we know how to get the best for you.
So let our award-winning team take the strain, so you can get back to keeping your life and business running as it should.
Need to make a claim?
If you need to register a claim please log in to the MyRomero portal or contact your dedicated account manager, who will liaise with our claims team. Please have your policy number to hand.
Simply tell us about the incident, we’ll review the information and advise on what happens next. We’ll keep you informed on the progress of your claim every step of the way.
We’ve detailed some important advice to help you understand what to do if you need to make a claim:
Material Damage Claims
Register your claim with the Romero team as soon as possible. It’d helpful if you can take photographs or videos to demonstrate the extent of the damage. You should make sure the property is safe, but don’t throw anything away or start cleaning / tidying just yet. Only make emergency repairs if you need to (and keep all receipts and invoices), but you should start to gather quotes for repair costs and insurers normally require at least two comparative quotes.
We understand any accident or incident can be distressing and stressful. In order to help us deal with your claim most efficiently, please follow the below steps:
Immediate Post Accident Activities
- Complete the accident book record, making a note of the events on a purely factual basis, including date and time
- Take photos of the accident scene
- Retain CCTV if the incident was captured
- Identify if there were any witnesses. If so, obtain statements from the relevant parties which outlines their version of events, what they actually saw and what the injured person may have told them
- Identify if the area was checked following the incident – if so, what was found?
RIDDORS – Report all RIDDORS
- Provide a copy of the F2508 form
- Provide the same documents as above
- Advise if the injured person has returned to work and on what date. If not, do we have an estimated return date?
Formal Letter of Claim or CNF – provide a copy to us immediately and collate:
- Copy of the Accident Book Entry
- Copy of RIDDOR (if applicable)
- Photos of the area and what was found when the area was inspected
- Witness statements which outline what each individual saw, and what the injured person may have said to them
- CCTV, if available
- 13 Weeks’ earnings for the injured individual prior to incident (if an employee)
- Training Documents, if available
- Risk Assessment for the task in question pre/post-accident
- Confirmation if the employee has returned to work post-accident
- Personnel or Occupational Health Records may be requested but can only be supplied upon receipt of a mandate signed by the injured person
Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Claims
There are many scenarios that could fall under your Directors’ and Officers’ Liability cover, from Health and Safety legislation breaches through to accusations of negligence or discrimination. Therefore, please call the Romero team as soon as possible to discuss your claim.
Due to the various events that could trigger the policy, please contact the Romero team as soon as possible. Our dedicated team will be able to provide bespoke advice.
Please download our Romero Claims App to help you manage your claims quickly, easily and efficiently.
If you are involved in an accident, please do not admit liability or discuss blame with the other party until you have spoken to the Romero Claims Team.
Obtain the other driver’s name, address, telephone number, vehicle registration number, name of their insurer and motor insurance certificate number. If other people are involved, including witnesses or attending police officers, please obtain their name, address and telephone number too.
Take photographs of the accident scene, third parties and damaged vehicles only if it is safe and appropriate to do so.
And finally… please stay safe! Never drive your vehicle if it’s un-roadworthy, if you’re injured or if you feel incapable of doing so.
Introducing the Romero Claims app!
Our free Romero Claims App makes reporting motor claims quick, easy and comprehensive.
The Romero Claims App covers all aspects of a motor claim including:
- Driver & vehicle details
- Time & date stamp with GPS locator
- Full incident reporting including damage & photos of the scene
- Third party driver, vehicle or property details
- Dashcam and telematics recording
Simply notify us of a claim via the app and we’ll get it processed and handled straightaway.
“After a major incident, Romero worked hard to secure us a substantial settlement, and really illustrated the value of having someone with experience fighting your corner.”