It's time to share good news
Yes, you read that right. We understand these are difficult, challenging and potentially devastating times for businesses, individuals and the economy as a whole. But we know that, with kindness, patience and collective fight we can all work together to come of these chaotic times stronger than ever. That's why we're keeping this article as a haven of good news stories, to share positivity during tough times.
Insurance Industry & Business News
- Insurers are working hard to support customers during this difficult time. For example, many insurers are now reviewing their stance on unoccupied properties. We’ve found many of our insurers are offering a 60 day extension, with plans to review this again if necessary to support businesses during the lockdown.
- Taking a vehicle off the road? (Statutory Off Road Notification) SORN vehicles are most likely able to be reduced to laid up cover from insurers. Small savings add up so make sure you speak to your broker about your options.
- Some energy companies are offering to freeze standing charges temporarily, though reviewing this on a case-by-case basis. Get in touch with your supplier for more information,
Charity & Community
- One of our clients, Simone Schehtman, Founding Director at Teamworks Karting, ran her very own marathon! Following the cancellation of the London Marathon 2020, Simone ran the distance in her local park instead. What a great way to raise money for The Lullaby Trust.
- We’re proud to work with Holbeck Together, a local charity, to cover two of their mini buses. To help their community, Holbeck Together is loaning the vehicles to the LGI & St James’s University Hospital to take patients home following recovery from COVID-19. We wanted to support our client, and the Romero team worked hard to extend their cover to include this new risk at no extra charge. What a fantastic charity and a great cause.
- You’ve all heard the story of war veteran Tom Moore raising millions of pounds for the NHS. But did you know he was born in West Yorkshire? That’s our neck of the woods!
- Businesses both big and small have been launching initiatives to help the NHS, from donating money right through to offering free products and services.
- NHS Volunteer Responders are vitally needed across the country, and many businesses are encouraging staff members to do what they can to help. Businesses that offer volunteer days can take this opportunity to support the current crisis.
- The Run For Heroes campaign aims to raise money for the NHS fund, encouraging people to donate £5 for running 5k. This makes a great team building activity – bringing people together even if we all have to be apart.
- One of our clients, Pronto Industrial Paints Ltd, has begun manufacturing the World Health Organisation formula for hand sanitiser. They’re donating a percentage of every batch made to Healthcare facilities in the local area, asking employees to nominate. Pronto Industrial Paints Ltd are also supporting customers who are busy refurbishing oxygen cylinders in order to get them back into use.
- Another one of our great clients, Vernacare, have increased production to meet NHS demand. They’re a major supplier to the NHS so we’re very proud to work with them.
News from the Romero team
- We’re keeping our team happy, healthy and connected. We’re a social bunch and the lockdown can’t stop us from enjoying the company of our colleagues. That’s why we’re running weekly quizzes and team socials.
- We Are Wellbeing is helping the Romero Group team cope with isolation by offering a range of online seminars and information videos. This includes self-care, stress awareness and nutritional advice when working from home.